Hiring in Ward 4 Office
Senior Council Assistant
Senior Council Assistant to Ward 4 Councillor Aaron Paquette
1 full-time contract-based position available
In this highly complex and fast-paced environment you will exercise considerable judgment, independence, and initiative ensuring that the variety of demands that arise in the Councillor’s office are handled appropriately. Using your broad knowledge of how the City functions (policies, procedures, systems) you will:
- Research, summarize, synthesize and prepare information to support Council business, constituent inquiries, and Councillor requests for information.
- Answer constituent concerns and inquiries by phone or email often requiring independent research and/or request for information from senior City management, follow-up and tracking of requests.
- Manage, draft, and assist with coordination of public communication and material that may include email, letters, newsletters, website blogs, social media, debriefs, speeches, meetings and reports.
- Liaise with City administration, community leagues, and external organizations and stakeholders to gather and convey information on behalf of the Councillor.
- Handle a variety of complex and politically sensitive issues that arise based on the concerns of constituents, organizations and other key stakeholder groups.
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience is required. Equivalencies may be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Experience managing social media accounts, websites,
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, including the ability to handle large volumes of work consisting of a diverse range of topics within sensitive timelines.
- Advanced research skills and ability to provide high-level policy and summary reports.
- Ability to handle conflict and demonstrate effective listening skills.
- Professionalism and sensitivity to working with confidential information.
- Strong initiative, resourcefulness and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent computer proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google products for word processing, database management and calendar management.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Relevant political and media experience is an asset.
Hours of Work: 35-40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Salary Range: Based on experience, includes benefits
Closing Date: June 4, 2019
Please send resume and brief cover letter with references to firstname.lastname@example.org