Say in the City
We Need Your Voice in Council
For our municipal government to function the way it’s supposed to, we need to hear from Edmontonians.
City Council is made up of 12 Councillors and the Mayor, but Edmonton is made up of around 1 million Edmontonians who have valuable experiences and insights that Council would be remiss not to bring to the table. We know there are a lot more good ideas out there than just the ones generated within the walls of City Hall and we want to pull them into the decision-making process.
I want to know what you’d like to change and what you want to keep the same; where you want me to focus my efforts and resources most; and which issues are the highest priority for you. Of course I don’t expect you to stay on top of every issue or follow what’s happening in our city every single day (that’s why you elected a Councillor), but it’s important for me to know where you stand on the big stuff.
I’ll often ask for your feedback through online surveys, community meetings, social media and blog posts, but there are a lot of other ways you can share your views at your convenience. You can:
- Let me know by phone or email if you have thoughts on something you heard on the news or in your community
- Take a look at Council’s Public Engagement Initiative
- Browse through the upcoming Council and Committee meeting agendas and contact me or all of Council about an upcoming issue
- Join Edmonton’s Insight Community
- Check out the City’s Communications and Engagement Calendar
- Simply fill in the comment boxes at the bottom of the page below
I encourage Ward 4 residents to contact me directly any time. I welcome you to let me know when you feel we’re getting it right and when you think there’s a better way.
If you want to engage your neighbours and community league to build more support for something you want to see in your area, please feel free to ask for copies of our community contact sheet that can be used to gather feedback and submitted back to our office. We can also help you develop a petition if you’d like. It’ always helpful for a Councillor to be able to show the City’s Administration and the rest of Council where much of the community stands on an issue.